Admission Process for (Data Entry Operator Course)
Eligibility Criteria 10+2 pass in any stream with min.50% marks & minimum age of 18 years.
Registration Fee Rs.250/-
Course Fee Rs.5000/- + S.Tax as applicable Fee should be paid in the form of Demand Draft drawn in favour of ‘NGO-IT Centre , Delhi payable at NCR’
Course Duration 6 weeks
Training hours Evening Batch:
- From 2.30 pm to 5.30 pm
- Theory Class: Monday to Friday -1 hour
- Practical: Monday to Friday-1 hour
- Typing Practice: Monday to Friday 1 hour per day
- Lecture on soft-skills: Saturdays
Syllabus Mentioned on Page 2
Placement NGO-IT will be facilitating placement of the DEO pass-outs and preference for placement will be given to CCC pass-outs. Students of DEO Course are therefore, advised to appear for CCC examination held by NIELIT at the earliest possible.
Admission procedure Documents to be submitted
- i. Completely filled & duly signed <Application Form>
- ii. Rs.250/- towards Registration fee (SC/ST candidates have to submit registration fee.)
- iii. One recent passport size photograph
- iv. Duly attested copy of 10th pass certificate
- v. Duly attested copy of 12th pass certificate & mark sheet
- vi. Duly attested copy of certificate of Graduation or higher qualifications, if any
- vii. Duly attested copy of Aadhar ID
- viii. Duly attested copy of Caste certificate in case of SC/ST/OBC candidates
- Incomplete applications will be summarily rejected.
- Registration fee once paid will not be refunded or adjusted against any other fee.
- SC/ST candidates are exempted from payment of Course Fee
Acceptance of application
Registration applications will be accepted during 10.00 am to 4.00 pm from eligible candidates (10+2 pass in any stream with min.50% marks & minimum age of 18 years)
Selection of candidates for admission
- A merit list will be prepared by considering the total marks of best 5 subjects of 10+2 and granting additional 5 marks to graduates or above.
- The top 40 candidates of the merit list based on 10+2 exam will be selected for training during 2017 in the evening batch and the next 10 candidates will be put in wait list. Both the lists will be published on the website by 02.10.2017
- The remaining candidates have to apply afresh for future batches.
Admission The candidates selected for training should take admission by paying the tuition fee by 2017. No training fee to be paid by SC/ST candidates but they should submit an undertaking to confirm their willingness for undergoing the training. Candidates who are unable to pay the fees or submit undertaking in case of SC/ST candidates by 2017, will not be considered for training for any future batch. Wait-listed candidates should pay their fee by 2017 in case seats are available. No separate intimation will be sent to such candidates.
Examination & Evaluation Eligibility A minimum attendance of 60% is required; Those who are not meeting the attendance criteria will not be allowed to appear for the exam. In case, due to any reason, any such candidate has appeared for the exam, result of such candidates will not be processed.
Exam Theory Test, Practical Test and typing Test will be held on completion of training.
Evaluation criteria For passing the course, minimum 40% in theory, 40% in practical and a typing speed of 30 wpm in English are required.
Re-test Failed candidates may re-appear for the examination by paying a fee of Rs.300/- + Service Tax as applicable. Candidates can appear for the re-test only three times within one year of taking admission.
Introduction to computer: History , characteristics, components. Concepts of Hardware and Software. Representation of Data/Information. Concept of Data processing. Applications of IECT: e-governance & Multimedia and Entertainment Introduction to GUI Based Operating System. Basics of LINUX, WINDOWS. The User Interface. File and Directory Management. Elements of word processing. Text Creation and manipulation. Text Formatting- Paragraph Indenting, Bullets and Numbering, Changing case. Macros. Table Manipulation: Draw Table, Changing cell width and height, Alignment of Text in cell, Delete / Insertion of row and column, Border and shading Cross reference, table of contents. Mail Merge Spread sheet elements. Manipulation of Cells: Entering Text, Numbers and Dates , Creating Text, Number and Date Series, Editing Worksheet Data, Inserting and Deleting Rows, Column, Changing Cell Height and Width Using Formulas. Working with function and charts. Advanced filter, comments, protecting worksheet. Power point presentations: Creation of Presentation, Preparation of Slides. Transition and Slide Timing and Automating a Slide Show Basics of Computer Networks. Services on Internet. ISPs and examples (Broadband/Dialup/WiFi). TCP/IP and OSI layers. WWW, web browser and Search Engines. Basics of E-mail. Opening Email Client. Mailbox: Inbox and Outbox. Instant Messaging and Collaboration. Soft Skills: Personality Development, Writing Skills, File Handling.